The overall objectives of the TAPS Project are:
- Strengthening the capacity of relevant bodies exercising functions in the public interest in relation with the economic and private sector development
- Conducting feasibility studies/ diagnostics and advice on implementation
- Strengthening the capacities of the three Chambers – and other stakeholders – dealing with private sector development
- Result 1: The policy, planning, implementation and coordination capacity of relevant bodies carrying out functions in the public interest as well as their organisational and managerial capacity and that of business support organisations (BSOs) active in support to SMEs and generally in support of the development of the private sector are strengthened.
- Result 2: Dialogue and coordination among the private sector, the relevant bodies active in the public interest, civil society (BSOs in particular) and other relevant stakeholders involved in the development of the private sector is improved.
- Result 3: The regulatory framework for developing the private sector (in particular SMEs) is strengthened.
- Result 4: Entrepreneurship is encouraged.
- Result 5: Competitiveness of SMEs is strengthened and trade facilitated.
- Result 6: The feasibility and conditions for the setting up of an incubators /innovation centres /clustering / business development centres are verified, clarified and elaborated and their governance supported.