Marketing involves the creation, delivery and communication of the value of a product or service in order to sell it to identified target markets/groups. It includes understanding customer behaviour, identifying target markets following analysis, segmenting markets, effectively managing customer relationships and the provision of value to customers that meets or exceeds their expectations.
The EU has been providing support since 2008 for developing the marketing capacity of SMEs in the northern part of Cyprus through technical assistance and grant programmes.
Additionally, businesses may enquire to the SME Development Centre (KOBIGEM) for other financial support schemes and to chambers for capacity building support on marketing.
Click on the enclosed weblinks below to download a guidebook on improving marketing capacity.
- ‘A Practical Guide To Marketing For SMEs’ (TR) – SECOND Project
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Training (TR) – SECOND Project
- A Guide To Effective Networking (EN/TR) – SECOND Project
- SME Development Centre (KOBIGEM) – http://kobigem.gov.ct.tr/
- Turkish Cypriot Chamber of Commerce – www.ktto.net
- Cyprus Turkish Chamber of Industry – www.kibso.org
- Turkish Cypriot Chamber of Shopkeepers and Artisans – www.ktezo.org
- European Small Business Portal – http://ec.europa.eu/small-business/index_en.htm