Eco–tourism is a collective set of activities that explain inter-relations between: tourism, nature, agro–processing, innovation, green entrepreneurship and standards.
Ecotourism is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas, intended as a low-impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial (mass) tourism. Its purpose may be to educate the traveler, to provide funds for ecological conservation, to directly benefit the economic development, or to foster respect for different cultures.
To reach a mature eco–tourism system that operates at full capacity, many integrated elements should be working in tune. These elements include first of all: Physical evidences (an environmentally protected site where services are delivered with high quality is needed), People (human capital needs to be trained), and Products (with the quality standards assured).
The leading reasons why eco-tourists chose Cyprus as a destination are:
- Market Mapping, SERVQUAL analysis: quality analysis on Eco-tourism services provided by the TC community (EC FWC)
- Nicosia Old Walled City Downtown Initiative Facts and Strategic Plan Summary (SECOND)
- Famagusta Walled City Initiative Strategic Plan (SECOND)
- DG Enterprise, European Tourism Quality Principles – http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise /sectors/tourism/quality-label/index_en.htm
- DG Enterpirse, Sustainable tourism – http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/tourism/ sustainable-tourism/index_en.htm
- Nicosia Downtown Initiative Website (SECOND Project) – www.nicosiadowntown.com
- Nicosia Downtown ‘Simply Amazing’ Promotional Video
- Famagusta ‘Living Medieval City’ Promotional Video (Historical value)
- Famagusta ‘Living Medieval City’ Promotional Video (Shopping)